The Natural Choice for Carotid Repair. VasCure may be used for closure following carotid endarterectomy and suture line buttressing when repairing vessels. ¹ An extracellular matrix derived from porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS ECM), VasCure encourages healthy healing by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration. ² ³
Repair with VasCure:
• Consists of natural material, non-crosslinked bioscaffold ⁴
• Modulates the biologic healing response and reduces inflammation ²
• Remodels into functional, site-specific tissue ² ³
• More resistant to infection than synthetic material ⁵
• Demonstrates similar compliance to native arteries compared to autologous grafts or synthetic material ² ³
• Bioscaffold patch enables hemostasis and minimizes bleeding at suture lines ⁶
• Offers customization of material to be shaped to fit anatomy ¹
¹ Aziyo Biologics, Inc., VasCure for Carotid Repair Instructions for Use.
² Piterina A, et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2009 Nov 20;10(10):4375-417.
³ Allen K, et al. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2021 Feb 11;8:631750.
⁴ Data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
⁵ Brennan E, et al. Tissue Eng. 2006 Oct;12(10):2949-55.
⁶ Sundermann S, et al. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2015 Jan;20(1):10-4.
Click on the link for more information: https://www.aziyo.com/vascure-cr/